By submitting a photo to the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) on this website, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- By submitting a photo, you give the Crown a licence to use the photo, free of charge, for purposes related to the NZCT cycle trails;
- MBIE has total discretion over which photos it chooses to publish online or elsewhere. MBIE may rewrite, edit or delete any captions included with submitted photos;
- MBIE has no responsibility for any harm or detriment caused by the use, including publication, of submitted photos;
- You are at least 18 years of age or have parental consent to agree to these terms and conditions.
MBIE will only use the photo online and in publications for uses reasonably related to the New Zealand Cycle Trail.
Where a photo submitted contains information about an identifiable individual, the Privacy Act 1993 applies. The Privacy Act provisions apply in conjunction with the terms and conditions above. For further detail on privacy, see the website’s Privacy notice.
This privacy notice applies to personal information collected on this website.
This site may ask you to provide us with some personal information when you complete an online form.
When you provide personal information, we undertake to:
- store the information securely ourselves and not disclose it to any third party;
- only use the information to communicate with you in the way indicated; and
- store the information only for as long as is required to complete the task (but please note that site enquiries and feedback may be filed with related material for future use when monitoring overall feedback trends, user satisfaction, and similar).
Information this site may collect about you will not be disclosed to any other person in a form that will identify you except in the following circumstances:
- Where you have consented to such disclosure, or
- Where such disclosure is required or permitted by the Privacy Act 1993 or otherwise required or permitted by law.
You have the right to:
- find out from us whether we hold personal information about you
- access that information; and, if applicable
- request corrections to that information
Unless we have a good reason for refusing your request in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993.
If you want to check personal information that we hold about you, please contact us.
The Privacy Officer
c/- Director, Legal
Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment
Economic Development Group
PO Box 1473
For information on the privacy laws in New Zealand, please visit the Privacy Commissioner's website.
Browser or ‘web’ cookies are small text files that are sent by a website and stored on your computer's hard drive. Cookies are generally used to improve your experience of a website (e.g., by remembering preferences you’ve set) and to track site usage.
You can read Google’s privacy statement, and access a Google Analytics opt-out tool, at the Google Privacy Center.
You can manually disable cookies at any time - check your browser's 'Help' to find out how. (Disabling cookies will not affect your ability to use this website.)
Except where otherwise indicated, the material on this website is protected by Crown copyright.
You may use any of the material that is protected by Crown copyright free of charge and without further permission provided:
- the material is reproduced accurately and not used in a misleading context or derogatory manner; and
- the copyright owner (MBIE), source (URL) and copyright status (Crown copyright) is acknowledged.
If your use (or anticipated use) does not meet these conditions, please contact us.
Copyright of third parties
The permission to reproduce material on this site that is protected by Crown copyright does not extend to any material that is identified as being protected by copyright owned by a third party. This includes material on websites you may access via links from this site.
In addition, all photos that are hosted on Flickr and displayed on this website are under third party copyright. The Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment cannot grant permission to reproduce such material: you must obtain permission from the copyright holders themselves or by contacting us directly for assistance at via email at email@example.com
This website contains information obtained from the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment, and from sources commissioned by the Ministry, and is subject to change without notice.
The Ministry endeavours to the best of its ability and knowledge to ensure that the information on this website is accurate and current. However, we cannot accept any liability for the accuracy or content of material on this website.
- Visitors to this website should take specific advice from qualified, professional people before undertaking any action as a result of information accessed on this website.
- The information provided on this website does not replace or alter the laws of New Zealand and other official guidelines or requirements.
Links to third party websites
The Ministry does not accept any liability for the accuracy or content of information on this website that belongs to third parties; nor for the accuracy or content of any third-party website that you may access via a hyperlink from this site.
Links to other websites should not be taken as endorsement of those sites or products offered on those sites. This includes websites that may host Ministry content (e.g., video files on YouTube). The Ministry does not endorse advertising, related material, or other content you may view on such sites while accessing Ministry content.
When visiting other websites, please refer to the conditions of use and copyright policies of those sites.
Links from other sites to this one
You are welcome to create a hyperlink from another website to this one. However, the link must not be presented on your website in any context that implies that this website has an association with your site, or endorses your site or product. The New Zealand Cycle Trail logo may not be used on your site without the Ministry’s permission.
Occasionally this site mentions software that may be useful for site visitors. This information is intended as general advice only and should not be taken as a specific recommendation or endorsement of the software. The Ministry does not accept any liability for losses or difficulties incurred by people downloading or using software that is mentioned on this website.
Publication of email addresses on this site should not be taken as deemed consent to receiving unsolicited email. Persons or organisations wishing to send email material to individuals or organisations whose email addresses appear on this website must comply with the requirements of the Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007 (Department of Internal Affairs).